Saturday, April 15, 2006

Services

Today the light rain came down even as the sun shone through the clouds.

A person should never attend the funeral of twin newborns without a mighty supply of tissues.

The hardest parts were the images G put together to the tune of Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven, where he takes us through the 14 days of their short lives. The house was packed, and the men sitting on my left and right were both struggling to keep the tears in check.

They ended the service with My Girl, which I think was supposed to not be as sad as it was, but it seemed the point at which I saw everyone struggling.

All pews were filled, ad hoc chairs filled, people standing in the back and on the front steps of the church as well. Eleanor and Quinn touched a huge number of hearts in their 2 weeks. I am so glad that G and his dear wife are the recipients of so much love and support.

The girls passed in their parents arms on Thursday the 12th, at home, one after the other. They were able to take the girls to the park one day.

I can only imagine the place that God is walking them through right now, and I am so sad for G and his dear wife that they have had to experience this.

4 comments:

RunningWheel said...

Yes, how very sad. I can hardly even imagine what they must be going through as parents. If only every child could feel this amount of love and attention... How our world would be different...

suleyman said...

Sigh.

I couldn't handle that.

-Suley

M said...

I'm so sorry that you and your friends are going through this terrible thing, but I'm glad for the time they got with their daughters. They seem like wonderful people and his entries were strength through emotion.

I'm glad that they are going through this with a community to support them.

Take good care of yourself and your friends. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Megan said...

I'm not a parent, but this is the one thing I don't think I'd ever be able to survive. My heart goes out to your friends.