Sunday, February 11, 2007

I got it.

On Presidents Day I will take delivery of the Whirlpool Duet front loading washer. I got it for half of the full retail (paid 450 instead of 900) and am eligible for 180 + 85 in tax credits. This means that a washer that normally retails for 900 is costing us less than 200 dollars.

Let's just stop and think about how amazing that is. Sigh.

But (there is always a big but) I have read so many customers reviews either raving about this machine or talking about terrible mold problems. Plus terrible customer service, not a single person had a good thing to say. Considering folks spent 1000 plus for this washer (when it was a newer model) the idea of having the problems that people report is a little worrisome.

Props to Lowe's though, for the bargain. Let's hope I am one of the lucky ones.

So all the tile came up, the black hideous tile that we sang happy songs to be rid of. The hideous tile that looks perpetually dirty and is about 50 years old is gone! Glory be. And, I am on laundry vacation until they come hook it up in a week.

I hope I didn't just buy a lemon.

No comments: