Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A teacher joke

Then Jesus took his disciples up the mountain and, gathering them around him, he taught them, saying:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Blessed are the meek
Blessed are they that mourn
Blessed are the merciful
Blessed are they that thirst for justice when persecuted
Blessed are you when you suffer
Be glad and rejoice for your reward is great in heaven

Then Simon Peter said, "Is this going to be on the test?"
And Andrew said, "Do we have to write this down?"
And James said, "How many points is this worth?"
And Phillip said, "Can I borrow a pencil?"
Bartholomew said. "What came after poor?"
And John said, "The other disciples didn't have to learn this!"
Mark said, "I left my notebook at home."
And Matthew went to the bathroom.

One of the Pharisees who was present asked to see Jesus' lesson plan and enquired of Jesus, "Where are your anticipatory set and your objectives in the cognitive domain?"

And Jesus wept.


I saw this on the bulletin board in the lunch room 6 years ago. I laughed and I still like it...

No comments: