Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bye Bye bike


After I took this shot of my bike yesterday, the bike was ripped off.

As I was driving out of the driveway to take home the babysitter, I saw the gate was open. Fearing the worst I immediately ran back there to confirm.

They took my very very old Rock Hopper and Jeff's bike that was valuable primarily because it had a baby seat on the back and the weather is finally getting nice again. Plus it was less than 2 years old. He had left his nice Raleigh outside of the garage one dusky eve while he did woodworking in the garage...guess what happened?

I must admit, with the way that Rock Hopper creaked when I rode it, the frequency of the chain falling off and the gears slipping out, it is sort of a blessing to me that they took my bike. But not Jeff's, his was the most important bike.

It's like "See a bike, take a bike" here in Portland. Unfortunately, that always leaves me without a bike.

Bad people.

1 comment:

Nic said...

I've had two bikes lifted off my patio, too. People suck, sometimes.