Thursday, April 26, 2007

What is your favorite book of all time AND what is the absolute worst book you've ever read?
Well, as I told Chucheria, I like Confederacy of Dunces, thought it was hilarious, wierd. I also liked Kite Runner, House of Sand and Fog and A Fine Balance. Am reading again Old Man and the Sea which always nearly moves me to tears, cept this time its in Spanish so I am to busy trying to figure out some of the words. I also have recently read Whats So Amazing about Grace and can highly recommend it esp for people who are leary of Christians, same with A Generous Orthodoxy.

What's your most irrational fear?
I worry about stupid stuff sometimes, like if J comes home too late I think the worst, car crash. I didn't to worry, but I think it goes along with more love...more fear that those you love would be harmed somehow. I worry that A will contract a rare uncurable disease or someone will hurt her somehow. I don't like the idea that there are things I cannot protect her from. And what threat? I dunno. I dunno...

If you were invisible for one day, who would you spy on?
Hmm. If I could spy and go back in time, I think I would like to spy on some famous person that did amazing things... for me it would be Mother Teresa. I mean is she really as good as all that?

What was the first CD you ever bought?
I believe, wait CD, my first record was Grease. Which I promptly learned all the words. I think my first CD might have been either REM Murmur or Cowboy Junkies or hm, The Unforgettable Fire by U2.

If you have to do a shot, what's your alcohol of choice?
Sorry, ever since my pop was in such a bad way with alcoholism I have taken the absention route from the hard stuff. It wasn't a hard choice. In Russia, a rare time in my life, I did drink vodka, until I learned better.

And for all 2 of you that have been following my travails with the job hunt, wish me felicitaciones, I was hired by my #1 pick: Canby School District in a brand new school working with newcomers in the middle school. I am very excited. Brand new program, the challenge there seems just amazing, but so is the opportunity.
It is a brand new school and resource rich...it is amazing in the building and the technology available and it is a wow.

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

Yay for the job!!!!
What will you be teaching? ESL? Spanish? Both? Full or part time?
Great news, as it was your first choice!